🥬 Tangy Pickled Cabbage Recipe
Tangy Pickled Cabbage
You will need:
- 1 medium-sized head of red or green cabbage
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- A few cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 sliced onion (optional)
- Start by preparing your cabbage. Rinse it under cold water and chop it into thin slices or shreds.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine the white vinegar, water, kosher salt, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Add the mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and red pepper flakes to the brine. If you're using garlic and onion, add them now.
- Pack the sliced cabbage into a clean, sterilized jar. Pour the hot brine over the cabbage, ensuring it is completely submerged.
- Seal the jar and let it cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate it. The pickled cabbage will be ready to eat after 24 hours, but for best flavor, wait at least a week.
Remember, the magic of pickling lies in experimentation. Feel free to adjust the spices and additions to suit your taste. Always use fresh, high-quality cabbage and ensure your jars are sterilized. Store your pickled cabbage in a cool, dark place for optimal preservation.
Unleash the tangy magic of pickling with our Tangy Pickled Cabbage recipe. This recipe is a delightful twist on traditional pickling, introducing a unique blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you're a pickling pro or a beginner, this recipe offers an easy and exciting way to explore the art of pickling.
Our recipe uses a mix of classic pickling ingredients, such as white vinegar and kosher salt, combined with a variety of spices like mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and red pepper flakes. The optional addition of garlic and onion adds an extra layer of flavor that complements the tangy kick of the pickled cabbage.
Remember, pickling is an art that encourages experimentation. Feel free to play around with the spices and additions to suit your taste. If you're new to pickling and looking for more guidance, check out our tips and recipes for pickling vegetables from your garden.
Our Tangy Pickled Cabbage recipe is just one of many delicious pickling recipes you can try. If you're interested in exploring more, we have a collection of easy and delicious pickling recipes that range from classic cucumber pickles to more adventurous options.
For those who love a spicy kick, why not try our recipe for making spicy pickles? Or if you're curious about how a cucumber is pickled, our guide on cucumber pickling will take you through the process step by step.
At Just Pickling, we believe in the joy of pickling. It's a fun, rewarding, and delicious hobby that anyone can enjoy. So why wait? Grab a cabbage, gather your ingredients, and start your pickling journey today!