🍅 Sweet and Sour Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe
Sweet and Sour Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe
You will need:
- 2 lbs green tomatoes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Start by washing the green tomatoes and cutting them into quarters.
- In a large pot, combine the white vinegar, water, sugar, and kosher salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the mustard seeds and black peppercorns to the pot.
- Add the quartered green tomatoes to the pot, ensuring they are fully submerged in the brine.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes into clean, sterilized jars.
- Pour the brine over the tomatoes, leaving about 1/2 inch of headspace at the top of each jar.
- Seal the jars tightly and let them cool to room temperature.
- Store the jars in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before consuming to allow the flavors to develop.
These pickled green tomatoes will last for up to 1 month in the refrigerator. You can serve them as a snack, or use them to add a tangy crunch to salads and sandwiches.
Embrace the art of pickling with our delightful Sweet and Sour Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe. This recipe offers a unique twist on traditional pickling, showcasing the versatility of green tomatoes. These pickled delights offer a tangy crunch that can elevate your salads, sandwiches, or serve as a standalone snack.
Our recipe uses simple ingredients like white vinegar, water, sugar, and kosher salt to create a brine. The addition of mustard seeds and black peppercorns infuses a subtle spice, perfectly complementing the sweetness of the sugar. The result? A harmonious blend of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
If you're new to the world of pickling, don't fret. This recipe is a great starting point. The process is straightforward and requires no special equipment. All you need is a pot, some jars, and your ingredients. Plus, the satisfaction of making your own pickles is second to none. If you're wondering how easy it is to make homemade pickles, this recipe will show you just how simple it can be.
Green tomatoes are a popular choice for pickling due to their firmness and tangy flavor. If you're interested in exploring more interesting recipes for pickling green tomatoes, we have a variety of options to satisfy your culinary curiosity.
For those with a green thumb, pickling is a fantastic way to preserve the fruits of your labor. If you're looking for tips and recipes for pickling vegetables from your garden, we've got you covered. From cucumbers to jalapenos, and even fruits, we have a wealth of knowledge to share.
And if you're feeling adventurous, why not try your hand at creating your own pickling recipe? We'd love to hear about your culinary creations. Feel free to share your homemade pickling recipe on Just Pickling.
So, are you ready to embark on your pickling journey? Grab your green tomatoes and let's get pickling!