🌶️ Spicy Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe
Spicy Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe
You will need:
- 1 kg Green tomatoes
- 2 cups White vinegar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Red pepper flakes
- 4 sprigs Fresh dill
- Start by washing the green tomatoes and cutting them into quarters.
- In a large pot, combine the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar. Bring this mixture to a boil.
- While waiting for the mixture to boil, divide the garlic, red pepper flakes, and dill evenly among four sterilized jars.
- Once the vinegar mixture is boiling, add the quartered tomatoes and let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes into the jars, on top of the spices.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the tomatoes in the jars, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top.
- Seal the jars and let them cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the jars for at least 24 hours before consuming. The pickled tomatoes will keep for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
For a spicier kick, you can increase the amount of red pepper flakes. Always remember to use fresh and firm green tomatoes for best results.
Unleash your culinary creativity with our Spicy Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe. This recipe takes the humble green tomato and transforms it into a tangy, spicy delight that will add a zing to any meal. Whether you're a pickling pro or a beginner, this recipe is a fantastic way to dive into the world of pickling.
Green tomatoes are a wonderful base for pickling, offering a firm texture and a slightly tart flavor that pairs wonderfully with the heat of red pepper flakes. The addition of fresh dill adds an aromatic note that complements the overall flavor profile. If you're interested in exploring more about the art of pickling, you might want to check out our easy and delicious pickling recipes.
Spicing Up Your Pickles
Our recipe calls for two teaspoons of red pepper flakes, but feel free to adjust this to your liking. If you're a fan of fiery flavors, you might want to increase the amount for an extra kick. For more tips on how to add spice to your pickles, our guide on adding spice when pickling is a must-read.
From Garden to Jar
One of the joys of pickling is the ability to preserve your garden's bounty. If you've been blessed with a bumper crop of green tomatoes, this recipe is a great way to make the most of them. For more ideas on how to pickle your garden's produce, take a look at our tips and recipes for pickling vegetables from your garden.
Explore the World of Pickling
Once you've mastered this recipe, why not broaden your pickling horizons? From cucumbers to jalapenos, there's a whole world of vegetables waiting to be pickled. If you're looking for inspiration, our interesting pickle recipes are sure to spark your culinary imagination.
Remember, the key to great pickles is using fresh, high-quality ingredients and having patience. The longer you wait, the more intense and developed the flavors will become. Happy pickling!