🌶️ Spicy Pickled Cucumber Recipe 🥒
Spicy Pickled Cucumber Recipe
You will need:
- 2 pounds of fresh cucumbers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 2 cups of vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Start by washing the cucumbers thoroughly.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a pot, combine the vinegar, water, kosher salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add the crushed garlic and dill.
- Place the cucumbers in a jar and pour the hot mixture over them.
- Seal the jar and let it cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the jar. The cucumbers should be ready to eat after 24 hours.
Feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes and sugar to suit your taste. The cucumbers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Unleash the tangy, spicy, and refreshing flavors of our Spicy Pickled Cucumber Recipe. This recipe is a delightful blend of crisp cucumbers, fiery red pepper flakes, and aromatic garlic and dill. The result? A mouthwatering pickled treat that's sure to be a hit at your next gathering or a deliciously crunchy snack to enjoy any time of the day.
For those who are new to the world of pickling, don't fret. The process is easier than you might think. Our step-by-step guide will walk you through the entire process, from preparing your fresh cucumbers to sealing them in a jar with our special pickling mixture. If you're interested in understanding more about the process, check out our FAQ on how to pickle a cucumber.
One of the best things about pickling is the room for creativity it allows. Feel free to play around with the amount of red pepper flakes and sugar in this recipe to suit your taste. If you're looking for more ways to spice up your pickling, our FAQ on adding spice when pickling is a great resource.
While cucumbers are a popular choice for pickling, they're far from the only option. If you're interested in exploring more, our FAQ on other foods that can be pickled offers a wealth of information. From carrots to radishes, and even fruits like apples and pears, the possibilities are endless!
Remember, the key to a great pickle is patience. After sealing your jar, give your cucumbers at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before digging in. This allows the flavors to fully permeate the cucumbers, resulting in a more flavorful pickle. If you're curious about other tips for pickling, our article on pickling techniques and tips is a must-read.
So, are you ready to dive into the world of pickling? With this Spicy Pickled Cucumber Recipe, you're just a few steps away from creating your very own homemade pickles. Happy pickling!