🥒 Simple Pickled Cucumber Salad Recipe
Simple Pickled Cucumber Salad
You will need:
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- First, you'll need to create your pickling mixture. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Stir well until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
- Next, add your thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions to the bowl with the vinegar mixture. Make sure all the slices are submerged in the mixture for an even pickling process.
- Once all your vegetables are in the bowl, give everything a good stir to ensure all pieces are coated in the pickling mixture. This will help infuse the flavors into the cucumbers and onions.
- After stirring, cover your bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Let the cucumbers and onions pickle for at least 2 hours. The longer they sit, the more flavorful they will become.
- Finally, when you're ready to serve your pickled cucumber salad, garnish it with some fresh dill. This will add a nice touch of freshness and color to your salad.
This salad is a great make-ahead dish as the flavors intensify over time. Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar and vinegar to your taste.
Are you looking for a refreshing and tangy salad to add to your summer menu? Look no further than our Simple Pickled Cucumber Salad recipe. This easy-to-make dish combines the crispness of cucumbers with the zing of vinegar and the sweetness of sugar. It's the perfect side dish for any meal, and it's also great for picnics and barbecues.
To make this delicious salad, you will need just a few simple ingredients. Start by thinly slicing two large cucumbers and one red onion. In a bowl, combine one cup of apple cider vinegar, half a cup of water, two tablespoons of sugar, one teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well to dissolve the sugar and salt. Add the sliced cucumbers and onions to the vinegar mixture, making sure all the pieces are coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
When you're ready to serve, garnish the salad with fresh dill for an extra burst of flavor. The dill not only adds a pop of green to the dish but also complements the tanginess of the pickled cucumbers. This salad is a great make-ahead dish as the flavors intensify over time. Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar and vinegar to your taste.
Not only is this Simple Pickled Cucumber Salad delicious, but it's also packed with health benefits. Cucumbers are low in calories and high in water content, making them a hydrating and refreshing addition to any meal. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin K and potassium. The vinegar in the dressing provides a tangy kick and may have potential health benefits, such as aiding digestion and controlling blood sugar levels.
So why not give this Simple Pickled Cucumber Salad a try? It's a quick and easy recipe that will impress your family and friends. Whether you're enjoying it as a side dish or as a standalone salad, the combination of crisp cucumbers, tangy vinegar, and fresh dill is sure to delight your taste buds. Add this recipe to your collection and enjoy the refreshing flavors of pickled cucumbers all year round.