🍒 Pickled Cherry Pie Recipe
Pickled Cherry Pie
You will need:
- 2 cups of pickled cherries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. This will ensure the pie bakes evenly.
- Next, drain your pickled cherries but make sure to keep the juice. We'll use this to add extra flavor to the pie filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine your sugar, cornstarch, and salt. These will help thicken our filling.
- Gradually stir in the reserved cherry juice until the mixture is smooth. This will help dissolve the sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring your mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture has thickened. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat and stir in your lemon juice and cherries. The lemon juice will help balance the sweetness of the pie.
- Pour your cherry mixture into the pre-made pie crust. Make sure it's spread evenly.
- Dot the top of the filling with butter. This will give the pie a nice, golden finish.
- Bake your pie for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let it cool before serving.
If you want to add a little extra flavor, you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top before baking. Also, you can use fresh cherries instead of pickled ones if you prefer.
Are you looking for a unique and delicious dessert that will impress your guests? Look no further than our Pickled Cherry Pie recipe. This unexpected twist on a classic dessert is sure to delight your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
To make this mouthwatering pie, you will need just a few simple ingredients. Start with 2 cups of pickled cherries, which will give the pie a tangy and slightly sweet flavor. Combine them with 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. These ingredients will create a thick and flavorful filling for your pie.
To assemble the pie, you will need a pre-made pie crust. Pour the cherry mixture into the crust and dot it with 1 tablespoon of butter. This will add richness and depth to the pie as it bakes. Then, simply bake the pie at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
If you want to take this pie to the next level, you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top before baking. This will add a warm and aromatic flavor that pairs perfectly with the pickled cherries. Additionally, if you prefer fresh cherries over pickled ones, you can easily substitute them in this recipe.
The result is a pie that is both sweet and tangy, with a perfect balance of flavors. The pickled cherries add a unique twist to a classic dessert, making this pie a standout at any gathering. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a truly indulgent treat.
So, if you're looking to impress your guests with a unique and delicious dessert, give our Pickled Cherry Pie recipe a try. With its tangy and sweet flavors, it's sure to be a hit. And don't forget to check out our other pickling recipes and tips on Just Pickling for more culinary inspiration. Happy pickling!