🌶️ Extra Spicy Pickled Peppers Recipe
Extra Spicy Pickled Peppers
You will need:
- 1 pound of your chosen peppers
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- First, thoroughly wash your chosen peppers. Slice them, but remember to keep the seeds in as they contain capsaicin, which gives peppers their heat.
- Next, in a medium-sized pot, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, crushed garlic, and mustard seeds. Stir until well mixed.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and stir until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved.
- While the mixture is simmering, pack your sliced peppers into jars. Once the vinegar mixture is ready, carefully pour it over the peppers, making sure they are fully submerged.
- After filling the jars, seal them tightly. Let them cool down to room temperature before storing them in the fridge.
- Patience is key. Wait at least a week before opening a jar to enjoy your spicy pickled peppers. This waiting period allows the flavors to fully develop.
Remember, the longer you let your peppers sit, the more intense the flavor will be.
Unleash the fiery side of your palate with our Extra Spicy Pickled Peppers recipe. This recipe is not for the faint-hearted but for those who relish the thrill of heat in their food. With a blend of your chosen peppers, vinegar, and a few other ingredients, you'll be able to create a jar of tongue-tingling delight.
For those new to pickling peppers, don't be daunted. We've got a comprehensive guide to pickling peppers for beginners that will walk you through the process step by step. You can experiment with different types of peppers, from the mildly spicy banana peppers to the blazing hot ghost peppers. If you're wondering how to add a kick to your pickles, our article on how to add spice when pickling is a must-read.
Our Extra Spicy Pickled Peppers recipe is versatile and can be tweaked according to your preference. If you're a fan of garlic, feel free to add more cloves. For those who love a hint of tanginess, increase the amount of vinegar. The beauty of pickling is in the customization - you're the artist, and the jar is your canvas.
Once you've mastered this recipe, why not try pickling other vegetables? We have a collection of easy and delicious pickling recipes that range from cucumbers to sweet peppers. Pickling is not just a method of preservation, but a way to add a burst of flavor to any meal.
Remember, patience is key when it comes to pickling. The longer you let your peppers sit, the more intense the flavor will be. So, resist the temptation to open the jar too soon. Let the magic happen, and soon enough, you'll have a batch of the best hot pickles in town.
Get ready to turn up the heat in your kitchen with our Extra Spicy Pickled Peppers recipe. Happy pickling!